3.29.2011

In-TER-ception

One film I watched this year, that just made me want to scream "What the F*******?!?" as I walked out the theater, was Inception, starring Leo DiCaprio and Ellen Page. It was one of those movies that made you think about it in the shower, while walking to you car, as you are about to fall asleep (definitely with this one) for at least a couple of days after you've seen it. I have to admit I was kind of pissed off by this effect it had on me, but not enough to cloud my judgement and eventually appreciate this movie for the multiple levels of understanding it provided for us.

One of the big dogs of directing Christopher Nolan, once again managed to daze audiences around the world with the portrayal of this "a-dream-within-a-dream-within-a-dream" plot and the stupendous special effects that made the movie so entertaining.

I was not particularly over-the-top about any specific actor's work as much as I was astonished with the story and the effects. Big ups to Nolan on this one. The movie won Best Visual Effects, Best Sound Mixing and Best Cinematography Oscars this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment